SlingShot is a lightweight unit that converts existing tactical radios to TacSat, maintaining real-time BLOS comms in all situations and locations.
Providing low-latency voice and data connectivity to tactical radio networks and utilising L-TAC, Inmarsat’s I-4 L-band to L-band network, SlingShot delivers Beyond Line of Sight communications to users of UHF and VHF radios.
- Designed to support in-service radios
- Supports UHF & VHF military and commercial frequencies
- Omni-directional antennas
- Utilises Narrow Beams, Customised Beams and Relocatable Beams
- Lease airtime is flexible according to requirement
- Data enabled
There are SlingShot options for Aviation, when on foot (SlingShot Manpack), in a land-based vehicle (SlingShot Vehicle) or on water (SlingShot Maritime).
The SlingShot Appliqué is the heart of the system. Weighing only between 489 g (UHF) and 550 g (VHF) it converts RF to commercial satellite frequency, working with the majority of in-service radios. Any Crypto is untouched by the Appliqué and is therefore maintained.