Spectra Group’s manufacturing facility – Working to IPC certified standards
In October 2019 Spectra Group successfully attained formal IPC certification. Having switched from an out-sourced to in-house production model in 2017, the company has been able to better control quality, lead times and costs. Spectra Group’s production team has developed and formalised their practices and procedures to include working to IPC standards across a number of areas. Conforming to these accredited standards reflects an ongoing commitment to rigorous performance requirements that deliver against industry standards and best practice.
Spectra Group’s IPC certification, achieved through an on-site IPC training package delivered by Impact Centre for Training Ltd, includes standards throughout the production process: in design, purchasing, assembly and packaging – ensuring superior quality, reliability and consistency in all products. These standards enable the production of high-quality electronic assemblies that are reliable and therefore reduce costly delays, reworks and repairs, allowing Spectra to best service its customers. This is particularly important given the fact that the customer base includes Armies around the world, Government Agencies, Border Security and Emergency Responders, who need to know that they can communicate where and when they need to. Failure is not an option when lives are on the line. Spectra’s entire team is extremely mindful of this and it is testament to their proficiency, partly determined by the IPC standards, that there has been zero field returns, proving the build quality.
Superior quality, reliability and consistency in all products
Specifically for Spectra Group, the team works to Certified IPC Trainer (CIT) and Certified IPC Specialist (CIS) levels ensuring superior quality, reliability and consistency in all of our products. With over 15 years’ experience in the industry, Spectra Group produce electronic, electro-mechanical and cable products to the High Performance/Harsh Environment Class 3 standard – the highest level.
The IPC accreditations that Spectra Group works to are listed below:
- Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies.
- This standard covers the majority of things to do with the assemblies. Including flux, PCB requirements, cleaning process requirements and also has aerospace requirements.
- Requirements and Acceptance for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies.
- This is a more in-depth cover of cable and wire harness assemblies including stripping and various connector terminations.
- Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies.
- This is a more in-depth cover of circuit board assemblies and component placement and also test methodology.